It is Friday noon here and that means I am already late to announce the winner for the Limerick Poetry Week 2 Challenge. I am loving the response to this challenge and had so much fun reading all the entries, I thank all the participants and hope you all had as much fun writing them as much as I did reading!
The submissions for the week 2 challenge were all beautiful and some of them with amazing pictures to complement the limerick! As was the case last week, I had a very difficult time trying to pick a winner, but a challenge must have a winner (yes, I always say that!) In that spirit, here we go!
I hoped for a lovelorn kiss.
But you took me to a heavenly bliss.
Tears rolled down my cheeks.
As, I won’t be able to see you for weeks.
Your presence is surely,what I am gonna miss.
The winner may contact me on email@example.com to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
Do check out the Top 5 limericks, I am sure you will not be disappointed!
Now that the winners have been announced, it is time for the Week 3 Challenge. The Prompt for this week is “Believe”
The rules of this challenge:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 3 Challenge are due in by Thursday, October 29, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
An old man with a beard
Cried all day, for he feared
All that was left, was for him to grieve
‘Coz he would never believe
This world was anything but weird!