What time is it? That’s right, it is time to announce the winner for the Limerick Poetry Challenge from Week 3! I am loving the response to this challenge and have so much fun reading all the entries, I thank all the participants and hope you all had fun writing them as much as I did reading ‘em!
The submissions for the week 3 challenge were all simply brilliant and some of them really intense and meaningful! As is the case every week, I had a very very difficult time trying to pick a winner! And as I always say, a challenge must have a winner! In that spirit, here we go!
A young woman thought it’d be keen
To make a baby ‘neath Northern Lights’ sheen
And man! You will not believe
What a joy she did conceive
The child’s eyes glow purple and green!
The winner may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
So there you go, our Top 5 limerick from Week 3, do check them out! Now that the winners have been announced, it is time for the Week 4 Challenge. Since this is the Halloween special week, the Prompt for this week is “Spooky”. You can either use the word spooky or some of its synonyms like eerie, weird, sinister…you get the drift!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 4 Challenge are due in by Thursday, November 5, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
On her broom flies Wanda, the Witch
Over and over she goes up on the bridge
They said she was just too spooky
Oh, but she was a beauty
Only she looked just like the midge!