It is but again that time of the week when I announce the winner for the Limerick Poetry Challenge Week 5! As always, we got to read some really amazing limericks and picking a winner was no easy feat! Since, I am already beat with the effort of trying to choose a winning entry, I am going to go straight to it without any further delay!
The windmills turned as the sun sank low
Two lovers entwined on a blanket below
The once gentle breeze
That stripped the trees
Had now stolen their clothes!
The winner may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 6 Challenge.
I have the habit of reading and re-reading some of my favorite books over and over again. As such I have been reading Pride and Prejudice yet again because I am so much in love with Mr. Darcy and Ms. Bennett! Well, to cut the long story short, I am choosing the word “Pride” as the Prompt for Week 6! You can either use the word “Pride” or some of its synonyms like Dignity, Honor, Pleasure, etc…you get the idea! I hope you enjoy this challenge!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 6 Challenge are due in by Thursday, November 19, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
He waltzed into the ball
On this beautiful evening in Fall
With an air of Pride
She matched his stride
Decked up looking like a doll!